When you need some R&R head to Eden Hall Day Spa

I could apologise for the cringe title of this blog post, but I LOVE THE CHEESE and I was proud of myself for the rhyme so I’m not going to!

Ever since I can remember I have loved a pamper day. I definitely have my mum to thank for that! It started off by being treated to the odd facial at a local beauty salon, and then for my 16th birthday my mum and I went for a weekend break at Ragdale Hall (I’d recommend anyone and everyone to try and go here at least once in their lifetime!). Ever since, I’ve never looked back. There’s just something about getting to spend the day without a care in the world, lounging around in a dressing gown with complete strangers that is just perfect to me! 

My most recent spa day was to Eden Hall Day Spa, which is located in Elston, Newark just off the A46 between Newark and Nottingham. I went with my mum and my brother’s girlfriend on the Simply Spa Day, which costs £95 on a week day. Prices are slightly higher on weekends, but they do put monthly offers up on their website so it’s worth looking on there if you’re thinking of going! The Simply Spa Day includes full use of the spa facilities, gym and exercise classes, along with a 3 course lunch and use of robes and towels. Treatments are not included in the price but you can pre-book these before you go. A full list of treatments can be found on their website – https://www.edenspa.co.uk/ 


Here are 5 reasons why I think you should pay Eden Hall Day Spa a visit.

     1.       The food

Given that most people go to spas for a ‘healthy break’ I probably shouldn’t put food as my number 1 reason, but if you’ve ever been to Eden Hall you’ll know that one of the best parts of the day is lunch! I always look forward to it, not just because it’s three-courses but the menu is always amazing, and I always struggle to decide what to have. To give you an idea of what you can enjoy, on my most recent I chose the Chicken Caesar Salad to start, Chicken Thigh in White Bean Sauce with potatoes, carrots and broccoli for my main and then the dismantled chocolate cheesecake for dessert. If that doesn’t already have you drooling, you can also take advantage of the salad buffet (I say salad buffet, but I always tend to just get a whole loaf of feta, pitta bread and salami!). 

After lunch you are invited to sit in the conservatory and enjoy a complimentary tea or coffee. It’s safe to say that after all that food we were a little sleepy, so we decided to head straight to the slumber lounge… which brings me on to number 2! 


2.       The slumber lounge
‘A slumber lounge?’ I hear you ask! Yes, you heard it right, there’s a room at Eden Hall dedicated to napping... HEAVEN!! The room is just full of beds, blankets, pillows and even hanging dome chairs! Complimented by dim lighting, it really is the perfect environment for the ultimate after lunch nap. 



3.       The treatments
I could never choose between a massage or a facial as to me they’re equally amazing, which is why I had both when I last went! I opted for the Clarins Energising Back, Neck and Scalp Massage. It cost £50 for a 40-minute treatment and you get to pick which oil you have. I chose the energising oil as at the time I felt really tired and needed a boost. The masseuse used the perfect amount of pressure, I was only upset that the 40 minutes flew by as I didn’t want it to stop! On the day  we went there was 20% off Clarins facials so my mum treated me to the Clarins Aromatic Balancing Facial. It was supposed to be £68 but due to the offer it cost £54.40 for the 55-minute treatment. My skin was really playing up and hormonal at the time, so the facial was very much welcomed and I could see immediate results to how my skin looked afterwards.

4.       The classes
Have you ever done an LBT (Legs, Bums & Tums) class that involved disco lights and dancing to classic old school dance tunes? Nope, me either, until my spa day that is… and it was epic! There’s nothing better than when exercise is so fun, you forget you’re exercising! I always enjoy the classes when I go to Eden Hall and try to do 1 or 2 classes each time. They also do hula hooping and clubbercise classes, which are both great fun.  

5.       The outdoor hot tubs
As if this place couldn’t get any better, there are two amazing outdoor hot tubs to relax in. I’ve been to Eden Hall in pretty much every season and I can honestly say the hot tubs are amazing whatever the weather. I love that you can just sit there and enjoy whilst breathing in the fresh air. 

I also cannot forget to mention all of the other amazing spa facilities, which include a herbal caldarium, thermal spa suite, pool, sauna, saunarium, rose infused steam room, massage jets and salt inhalation room. There’s definitely plenty to keep you busy! 

There you have it, my top 5 reasons why I think Eden Hall Day Spa is amazing and why you should definitely pay it a visit! It’s fair to say that I’ve tried quite a few different spas over the last few years, but Eden Hall continues to be my favourite day spa and I can’t see that changing anytime soon!  
What do you love most about going to the spa?
What’s your favourite treatment to get? 
If you have a favourite spa that you think I should visit let me know in the comments!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learnt from travelling...

Rebuilding My Summer Wardrobe

Why do one book review when you can do four?!