Rebuilding My Summer Wardrobe

When I got back from travelling mid-January, I had a bit of spare time before I started my new job, so I decided to have a bit of a clear out of my wardrobe. There isn’t a lot of space for all my clothes at Chris’ mum and dad’s house, so I decided I was going to take all my summer clothes back to my mum and dad’s house, to store whilst I didn’t need them. I also had a lot of clothes I didn’t wear anymore that I was going to take to the charity shop, so I used one of those big blue Ikea bags and on one side I put the clothes I was going to take to the charity shop and on the other side the clothes for home.  
 
I’m going to blame jetlag and travelling blues for what happened next…
 
When I took the bag back home my mum asked what needed doing with it and I said, ‘it’s for the charity shop’… Oops!! I didn’t think anything of it until the time came to get the summer clothes out and I realised, oh god, I’ve given all my clothes away!
 
On one hand I was gutted because I had some lovely dresses and playsuits, some that were quite new, but it has given me an excuse to go shopping and buy a whole new summer wardrobe! (I'm trying to save for a house but hey, needs must and all that)
 
Whilst I was in a very warm, sunny London two weekends ago (to watch my amazing brothers complete the London Marathon) my mum and I took the opportunity to look round a few shops in Kingston-upon-Thames on the Saturday and I got a few new bits to start building my summer wardrobe back up.  
 
I’d just like to point out that I’m definitely not the most fashionable person when it comes to dressing myself. I love nothing more than putting on my trusty jeans with a tee and a pair of trainers, but I am trying to make more of a conscious effort with what I wear, and I’ve really fallen back in love with putting outfits together, and buying new clothes, so I thought I’d start sharing my new purchases with you!
 
Here’s what I got…
 
 
I’m in love with these culottes. Normally I would have probably walked past them in the shop, but I’ve seen so many people wearing culottes lately that I thought I’d try some myself. I’m quite ‘hippy’ but I love how these sit, they just flow perfectly. I think they look quite expensive, but they were only £13 from Primark! They’re definitely going to be part of my go-to outfit for drinks in the summer, I can't believe how comfy they are. For the price I think I might have to see if they do more in other designs.

 
These two crop tops are only £4 each from Primark. I wore the pink one at the weekend with black jeans and heels to go out for dinner and drinks and I felt really nice in it. It’s a bit more of a longer crop top so you don’t feel too exposed, which I liked!
I had to get this top as I loved the colour of it and you can never go wrong with having a few t-shirts in your wardrobe to just throw on at the weekend. This one is £18 from Miss Selfridge. It’s a bit shorter than a normal t-shirt but it looks lovely with some high-waisted jeans.
I know it looks like I have some sort of unhealthy obsession with crop tops, which is ironic because I really need to do some more work on my abs and arms to pull them off, but I just think they’re so cute and great to just whack on with jeans and sandals/heels. How cute are these 3?! They’re only £4 each from Primark so a no brainer to add to your wardrobe!
I loved the pattern on this vest. It’s only £3 from Primark and I think it’ll look lovely with a pair of white jeans and some sandals.
Thought you’d seen the last of the crop tops?! Sorry, two more to finish off this post! These two are from Topshop and were 2 for £10. I love the frill detail on them and the square neckline.
I've still got a long way to go before I have a complete summer wardrobe but I'm happy with the start I've made!
What’s your go-to outfit for dinner and drinks?
Which are your favourite shops for buying summer outfits?
 

Comments

  1. I love the Primark crop tops especially the yellow stripped one! They are sooooo good to pair with a skirt or highwaisted shorts!

    Ciara | teatimewithciara.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of my favourites too! I think we're due some nice weather at the weekend so I might get chance to wear it :) x

      Delete
  2. I love all these crop tops! I've been wanting to work out a bit before I wear them, so these are my motivation to gain muscle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I definitely still need to do some more work to really rock them, but like you said, it's motivation! x

      Delete
  3. The culottes really suit you, they look lovely.. 🙊 I love the mustardy coloured tshirt as well, I’m always drawn to that colour so that’s right up my street! 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you :) I love them. They are so comfy it's like wearing Pyjama bottoms! Yes I'm always drawn to mustard coloured clothes too! x

      Delete
  4. Everything is so cute! Love all the little colorful tops! Makes me want to go shopping haha...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) As I was writing it, it was making me want to go shopping again! haha x

      Delete
  5. These are some serious cute pieces! I’ve got so many summer clothes that I don’t wear enough due to the British weather but a clear out overall is defo needed!

    Jessica & James | www.foodandbaker.co.uk / www.foodandbakertravels.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the weather is so crazy lately, one day it's sunny, the next it's miserable. It needs to make its mind up! I think we might get some nice weather this weekend though fingers crossed!

      Delete
  6. Your new clothes look amazing. Lol at you donating your stuff to charity by accident. I bet you will make somebody VERY happy though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you :) ha I know, what a plonker! I was thinking, even though I did it by accident, whether I still get good karma for 'donating' them all!

      Delete
  7. What a lovely post and those culottes look super pretty and chic!

    Ayse x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I love them, definitely my favourite purchase! x

      Delete
  8. I’m in love with the primary crop top! But what a good excuse to purchase new items though!

    Emma | www.lifeofemmax.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) haha I know, although I'm not sure if I'll know when to stop using it as an excuse! x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learnt from travelling...

Why do one book review when you can do four?!