Book Review: The Time of My Life by Cecelia Ahern

'You used to be much more..."muchier". You've lost your muchness.' - the Mad Hatter to Alice

I absolutely love this quote Cecelia cites in this book because it just perfectly sums up what the book is about. 



The book follows Lucy Silchester, a soon to be 30-year-old, who receives an appointment with her life that she cannot ignore. As a reader you may find it a bit weird at first, because life is a real person, but don’t let that put you off, it really does work in getting the messages of the story across.

Lucy has fallen out of love with her life and appears to be stuck in a rut – she doesn’t enjoy her job, isn’t too fond of spending time with her friends and family and still pines after the ‘love of her life’ despite their relationship being over.  

Then she meets her life and must learn to tell the truth to find happiness, or face having some ‘little white lies’ she’s previously told revealed.  

I think Lucy is a really relatable character. I especially related to her because I’m the other side of 25 and I feel it’s definitely a time of your life where you do start to question the decisions you’ve made and think about where you are currently and where you want to be. You can really put yourself in her shoes and empathise with her.

I think we are all guilty of neglecting our lives now and then due to getting caught up in our mundane day-to-day lives and I love that this book really challenges your thinking.

Ultimately, I think that this book teaches you that everyone gets stuck in a rut sometimes, but you can get out of them! Let the people around you help and support you through things and at the end of the day, if you don’t like something, make a change, if you feel a certain way, feel it and if you want to say something, say it!

There’s honestly nothing I hated about this book. I’d love to see it created into a film! It’s very inspirational and shows no matter what is wrong in your life and what you’re struggling with that you can get through it.

A truly great story and I’m really look forward to reading more of Cecelia’s books! 

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. It was brill, different to the books I normally read :) xx

      Delete
  2. I love Cecelia Ahern's books but I haven't heard of this one, it sounds amazing and I'll definitely keep my eye out for it! Great review!

    Jess // foundationsandfairytales.wordpress.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you, glad you enjoyed :) yes definitely give it a read, it’s fab! Xx

      Delete
  3. Ooh! This sounds interesting! I enjoyed your review!
    Xo | www.sarahjuneblog.com ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Definitely try and give it a read, you won’t be disappointed :) xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learnt from travelling...

Rebuilding My Summer Wardrobe

Why do one book review when you can do four?!